Ron Paul has won the third 2012 Iowa Caucus straw poll with 32% of the vote. Michele Bachmann surged into second place with 25%. The poll had 1,895 unique voters.
This was Ron Paul’s 3rd consecutive www.2012IowaCaucus.com straw poll victory although this was also represents his narrowest victory defeating Bachmann by just 7%.
The big loser was Herman Cain who fell to just 7%.
Mitt Romney continues to do poorly in straw polls, showing the lack of enthusiasm for his candidacy. He finished with 8%.
The new straw poll has opened and will expire August 20, 2011.
Here are the final numbers:
- Ron Paul (32%, 608 Votes)
- Michele Bachmann (25%, 474 Votes)
- Tim Pawlenty (11%, 213 Votes)
- Mitt Romney (8%, 151 Votes)
- Hermain Cain (7%, 142 Votes)
- Newt Gingrich (6%, 115 Votes)
- Rick Santourm (6%, 101 Votes)
- Gary Johnson (5%, 91 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,895*corrected from original given total.