Ron Paul won the presidential straw poll at the annual CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference), earning 30 percent of the vote.
Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney came in second place with 23 percent of the vote.
Here are the rest of the results:
- Former New Mexico Governor, Gary Johnson and New Jersey Governor Chris Christie came in third with 6 percent.
- Newt Gingrich came in fifth with 5 percent.
- Tim Pawlenty, Michele Bachmann and Indiana Governor, Mitch Daniels all received 4 percent.
- Sarah Palin finished with 3 percent.
- Businessman Herman Cain, former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum and South Dakota Senator John Thune earned 2 percent.
- Former U.S. Ambassador Jon Huntsman and Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour finished last with 1 percent.
The question is can Ron Paul turn this years CPAC win into a serious run at the Republican presidential nomination?